Thursday 28 June 2012

Instead of Flash Use...

We bloggers spend quite some time making projects, writing up posts etc., but a big chunk of our time is spent taking and editing pictures. To be honest with you, I dread looking back at the very first pictures I shot and posted on my blog, because they look terrible. I will spare your eyes and not show you one.

The lighting in our place is horrible and I really mean horrible. Therefore it is really hard to take good, bright pictures. I am also busy with my little guy and therefore miss that window of opportunity when the lighting is optimal. I have also learned that one thing not to do when taking pictures indoors, is to use your flash. Hmmm, what is one to do then?

Well, here is the answer. This little thing will be your best friend forever! Forever!

It is called the Lightscoop and it works wonders. It is worth every single penny and it is very affordable. The best investment I have made all year!

What is it? It is small device that you attach to your camera and it redirects the flash from your camera to a wall or ceiling. It is very easy to attach to your camera and it is compatible with most cameras. Once you attach it, you just have to adjust a couple of settings on your camera and you are ready to go.

Here are a couple of pictures with and without the lightscoop, that I shot with my camera for you to see the difference.

numero 1

numero 2

numero 3

I just want to add that our place really has the worst lighting ever, so your pictures might not be as different. I have not adjusted the lighting or clarity in any of the pictures above. I had a really hard time finding a way to get some decent pictures and this has definitely helped. I am really happy with it and I highly recommend it.

Have a fabulous day!
B

P.S. I have not been paid to write about this product. Just wanted to share this with you!
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Ooooh, we have pretty great natural light at our place, but something like this would work wonders for those days that I don't get around to taking photos until the evening. Where did you buy yours from??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for suggesting the LightScoop. I first heard about it from another blogger and have been holding off on getting it. I also have a dark place and can never get good shots for my blog. I'm definitely going to invest in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerry,
    You are so lucky to have good lighting. This has saved my life for the last couple of months. I bought it on their website. Here is the link. http://www.lightscoop.com/
    B

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is my first time visiting your blog and I'm SO HAPPY you posted about this topic...i use a nikon too and i just started photography and I've been experiencing the same problem. To solve my "temporary" problem i just do all my shoots outside ...best exposure and natural light. but this is an amazing recommendation! Thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way...did you purchase both of the light scoop (standard & warm) or you just got the standard?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my house, hard to photograph. Will have to look for that for my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you liked the post. I found it very useful, extremely for shooting my living room etc. I bought the standard and I am very happy with it. I haven't tried it, but it probably depends what kind of pictures you are taking, where and what you want to look like. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...